Sunday 28 February 2010

My Thoughts

I did find this particular project difficult more so than the last Industry Exercises project. This is probably because I wanted to focus more on the animation included within the film clip. The animation took quite a while because I wanted the UFO path to be as fluid as possible. I also wanted to include some secondary animation to the underside of the flying saucer to make the UFO more interesting.

I have to admit that my time management for this project was not as good as it should have been and my planning was not sufficient. I devoted to much time to the other project and did not maintain a balance between both projects. This can be demonstrated by how I had to make a radical decision to change my approach and idea to something quite different. I basically chose to work from scratch more than half way into this Industry Exercises Visual Effects & Compositing Project. Although I did change my mind quite late into the development process, I am pleased that I managed to meet the deadline and hand in a completed piece of work. Despite the fact that I had little time I managed to produce an effective piece of animation. My aim was to animate a design of my own and merge it with a movie clip so that it blended in and felt like it belonged with the original footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment