Sunday 28 February 2010

Change of Plan

As I realised that tracking in Maya Live was going anywhere and I am now in the fourth week, I decided to scrap the Open Range idea and start completely from scratch with an entirely new idea. I decided to use the same film clip that my brother chose from 2001: a space odyssey because it was a perfect static camera shot which lasted for roughly thirty seconds. This shot provided a perfect opportunity to include some kind of 3D CG visual effects and animation. I wanted to make sure that I had something for the tutors to mark and I was worried that I would run out of time and not meet the deadline. I made a conscious decision to use a locked off shot which consequently needed no tracking as I could insert an airborne vehicle, and little or no masking was required. This meant that I could keep the project relatively simple and manageable yet still finish something that would look visually effective.

I decide that I would focus on the animation and the modeling process. My new idea would beto animate a massive low flying UFO within the 2001 film scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment