Sunday 28 February 2010

3D Model (Building/ Structure)

Here is a simple building design I did for the Environments project. I decided to use this model in this visual effects project as I determined that both premises were alike. In addition I intend to place this model in the distance of various shots of Open Range therefore you will not see too much detail. In Adobe After Effects I hope to lower the opacity of the targa sequence thus giving the impression of distance haze and will also create the illusion that the structure is part of the environment and as a consequence will blend in.

Wireframe of Building.
Polygon Mesh of Building/ Structure.

Occlusion render of Building / Structure.
Simple texture render of Building/ structure.
I believe the texture here really came out well. I am not too concerned about texture stretch as all I want to do is introduce some colour to the model.


I used the texture above to apply on to he surface of the 3D building model. I found this texture on the internet and is of the side of ship paneling. I found this texture particularly interesting because of its detail and weathered appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment