Sunday 28 February 2010

3D Model (UFO Flying Saucer)

Below is an image of the finished 3D UFO/ Flying Saucer Model created using Lightwave. I was pleased with the way it turned out as it is very close to the original concept. I initially used a sphere and then squashed it to produce a simple disc like shape, I then added the necessary details so that the UFO design was not uninteresting.

I used this texture map to apply onto the surface of the flying saucer. I wanted the UFO to look as realistic as possible and look like it was reflecting its surroundings. The outer blue texture was applied to the top to imply that the sky was being reflected and a the inner sandy colour for the desert landscape. I made sure that the texture had the correct orrientation so that each colour was at its correct pole.



No comments:

Post a Comment