Monday 11 January 2010

Research for Film Clips

I have looked at various films for this project so that I can attempt to include my own visual effects within certain shots within a clip from the film. Such films include 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), Starship Troopers (1997) and Open Range (2003).

2001: A Space Odyssey
I wanted to look at this film as it had many great locked off static camera shots that lasted for a long duration. This film is visually stunning and maybe a great opportunity to animate something within a chosen scene.

Starship Troopers
I looked at this movie as this film has potential in as far as animating an object within its footage. I was thinking of adding perhaps my own bug design or introduce some more federation cruisers to make the scenes seem even more epic.



For this idea I wanted to introduce some ultra futuristic technology and 3D flying craft to create a strong contrast between old and new. I thought it might be amusing that technologically advanced vehicles would be flying over the heads of cowboys.

No comments:

Post a Comment